Monthly Archives: September 2014

Improving Patient Safety through the Meaningful Use of Certified EHR Technology

Secured Document Delivery Blog I meaningful use I Armored Envoy

The benefits of EHR (electronic health records) are undeniable and significant.  According to a recent ONC (Office of the National Health Coordinator) presentation at Health IT Week, health providers that implement the principles of meaningful use – including computerized order

Tagged with: , , , , , ,
Posted in Healthcare, HIPAA Compliance
sep

Open PGP: It’s Not All It’s Cracked Up to Be

Secured Document Delivery I Open PGP I Armored Envoy

It’s hardly surprising that concerns around email privacy are percolating to a boil – there are threats to email security on all fronts. It’s no longer just about fraud protection and regulatory compliance – it’s about protecting people from government

Tagged with: , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Posted in Data Security, Email Security
sep

HIPAA Hi-Tech: Is your Email Program HIPAA Compliant?

secured document delivery blog I HIPAA compliant I Armored Envoy

The HIPAA safeguards principles state that individually identifiable health information should be protected with reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability and to prevent unauthorized or inappropriate access or disclosure. And, while privacy rules allow

Tagged with: , , , , , , ,
Posted in Healthcare, HIPAA Compliance
sep

Why It’s Important to Send Sensitive Information Via Email Safely and Securely

Secured document delivery I sensitive information I Armored Envoy

Most people take reasonable and obvious precautions to secure their homes – they lock their doors and windows, screen outside vendors that visit their homes, and install security systems to keep the premises safe.  However, when it comes to cybersecurity

Tagged with: , , , , , , , , ,
Posted in Personally Identifiable Information, Secured Document Delivery
sep

Email Encryption is Everywhere – But Will People Actually Use It?

Secured document delivery I email encryption I Armored Envoy

Edward Snowden’s revelations around NSA email surveillance both shocked the world and sent the email privacy bandwagon into motion. With even Snowden conceding that email encryption provides protection, it seems like the whole world is buzzing about end-to-end encryption and

Tagged with: , , , , , , , , ,
Posted in Email Encryption
sep