Monthly Archives: August 2014

Secure Email: Yahoo and Google Move to Protect Privacy for the Masses

Secured Document Delivery I Secure Email I Armored Envoy

According to an article recently published in PC magazine, Yahoo and Google have teamed up to boost email encryption services for all users. This fall the two giants plan to release source code to the open source community to refine

Tagged with: , , , , , ,
Posted in Data Security, Email Encryption
sep

Document Protection During Email Transmission: Why It’s a Critical Capability

Secured Document Delivery I Document Protection I Armored Envoy

In a recent interview, Gartner vice president and distinguished analyst Paul Proctor predicted that “the new digital risk concept will become the default approach for technology risk management,” and cited an organization’s ability to keep its data safe – particularly

Tagged with: , , , , , , ,
Posted in Secured Document Delivery
sep

HIPAA Security Dollars and Sense: Just How Much Does a Breach Cost?

Secured Document Delivery Blog I HIPAA Security I Armored Envoy

Health care providers are subject to stringent regulatory requirements around patient privacy, and HIPAA security protocols are designed to protect both patients and providers.  “Breach” is a scary word, typically conjuring up visions of malicious individuals hacking into systems and

Tagged with: , , , , , , ,
Posted in Healthcare, HIPAA Compliance
sep

Protecting Personally Identifiable Information: Employers are Ethically – and Legally – Obligated

Secured Document Delivery I personally identifiable information I Armored Envoy

Throughout the course of an employment relationship, businesses acquire, generate, maintain and store a significant amount of personally identifiable information (PII) on individual applicants and employees. Data collection commences during the application process when a job seeker is typically asked

Tagged with: , , , , , , , , , ,
Posted in Personally Identifiable Information
sep